Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Whew!

Well, it's been a MONTH since I last posted... I guess that's a pretty good indicator of what's been going on around here.  We've had lots of grandparents and family visiting, Christmas, Sheridan home from work (yay for vacation - he needed some down time!) and Patrick home from school for the holidays.  The visitors are gone, the holiday decorations have been put away, and the boys are back to school and work.  Now it's just Katie and me, and time to tackle of the projects that I want to complete while out on maternity leave.  We'll see how much gets done... as of today, I just want to sit in my bathrobe and cuddle my baby after a crazy few weeks.

I've had a lot of people ask me how Patrick is doing with the transition of becoming a big brother.  I have to say - the kid has done phenomenally well!  At first, he showed absolutely NO interest in Katie; he would glance over at her occasionally, but it seemed as though he figured she was just a visitor.  I think he understands the concept of "baby" and "sissy" now, though, and realizes that she's here to stay.  He found one of her pacifiers this weekend and ran over to put it back in her mouth.  Too bad she was sleeping soundly at the time!  I typically have a "no waking up a sleeping baby" rule in our house, but this time I let it slide...  ;)

Our first Christmas with two babies was extremely special!  Although Katie slept through most of our Christmas party, Patrick understood the concept of Santa, presents, and having fun with family much more than last year. Santa brought Patrick his very first bike, and he LOVES it!  Even more than Patrick, I think Sheridan is super excited to be teaching P something about his very favorite pasttime - it's awesome. My parents came in from Houston, as well as my brother, and we cooked like crazy, ate like crazy, played like crazy, and I can't believe the holidays are over and 2011 is here!

2010 was a banner year for the Mer Show family - I started my new perm job at Dell, Sheridan was promoted at Apple, Patrick learned to walk, talk, and grew like a weed, we settled into our new home, and most notable - Katie joined our family!  I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store.

Here are a few shots from our 2010 holiday season.  Enjoy!  Love, Mer











No comments: