Wednesday, October 25, 2006

SAVE DAVIS!!!


You guys have to see this… I heard about it on Craigslist and checked it out on the cat’s My Space page… (Read his profile – it’s so cute!)

Davis sort of looks like Dylan (my old pass, RIP sweet boy!), so the story is tugging at my heartstrings. I donated a day's worth of captivity and got invited to the 'welcome home' party (although I won't attend because it's in Northern California)!

http://www.myspace.com/savedavis

Save Davis

Reply to: mailto:pers-224965154@craigslist.org?subject=Save%20Davis
Date: 2006-10-24, 5:51AM PDT

I'm hoping deep down that you or someone you know loves cats and/or knows our cat Davis. Davis is our four year old baby boy who we found as a stray and bottle fed to life. He's one of the most fun and unique cats we have ever met. On Friday the 13th of October, Davis brought a live bat into our house, so we caught the bat and released him outside. The next day we took him to the vet to make sure he was current on his Rabies shot, he wasn't. Next thing I know animal control showed up and informed me that we had to either keep Davis in quarantine at a professional facility for six months or put him to sleep. Due to our very involved (emotionally and financially) pursuit to have children, we are not in a position to do either. After telling a few people about this story, I was asked how they could help. That's what this is....just a way for people to help if they would like. We are not the type to ask for money, but we would not turn down an opportunity to Save Davis.

If you are not interested, we totally understand. But feel free to forward this to someone who might be. If we work this out we will be throwing a welcome home party for all the friends and family that saved Davis.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SAVE DAVIS Check out his myspace page. It has more pictures, a video of me catching the bat, and a way to help via credit card.
http://www.myspace.com/savedavis

Jeff Kessinger
Hangar One Brand Manager
Artisan Wines and Spirits
(415) 867-2955

No comments: