Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wow, do I live here?

Every time I move from city to city, I always go through this period of waking up in the morning and saying to myself "Wait, where do I live again? X City? How did that happen?". As you can probably guess, I'm going through that right now!! I've spent a substantial amount of time in my life in this status...

Let's count the times I've made major moves:

Houston to Austin, Austin to Los Angeles, L.A. to Raleigh, Raleigh to Newport, RI, Newport to San Diego, San Diego to Raleigh, Raleigh back to San Diego!, and San Diego to San Jose. Whew!!

I guess the thing that makes it so much easier to process is that I'm absolutely sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that coming up to San Jose was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made!! I couldn't be more thrilled to be here, living with Sheridan, learning a new city, visiting San Francisco pretty often, and starting a very exciting period of my life...

But it still doesn't stop those feelings of "wait, where am I again?"!!

Anyway, happy Easter to all my friends and family. Love you lots!

Mer

p.s. Photo is a shot that I took earlier this week in San Francisco, while visiting for a job fair. I was driving down a typical San Fran street and just wanted to capture what I was experiencing at that time. Hope you like!

No comments: