Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Update

Well, I've been pretty quiet here lately, but that's the product of one busy mama!!! Since I went back to work, I've been trying to figure out how to be a working parent, manage the household, lose the baby weight, take care of my husband, be a good friend/sister/daughter, and OH YES, be the best mommy I know how to be. Whew, it's hard work!!

Things with the house are coming along nicely. As you can see from the photos, the foundation has been laid and the walls have gotten framed too. Yay! We went over to the house on Sunday to walk the property and it now looks like the floorplan we envisioned - the rooms are partitioned, the stairs built, and now I have an idea of the size of the place. It feels really cozy for a 3,000 square foot house! People keep saying that it's going to fly up for a couple of months and then it'll drag on and on after that... so we're prepared for the weeks to come. We CAN'T WAIT to move into our new home!!!

In baby news, Patrick has sprouted 2 new teeth (those little buggers) and is chowing on solid food like you wouldn't believe. He probably eats more than some adults! He loves carrots, sweet potatoes, applesauce, and green beans. Peas and pears seem to wreck his little stomach, so he doesn't get those anymore (Can you say diarrhea and diaper rash? Ugh!), and he's not so fond of blueberries and bananas. His little teeth kept us up quite a bit last week, but now that they've cut the skin and we don't have any new ones on the horizon, I think we'll get a bit more rest. Thank God!! :) Otherwise, he has learned to SIT UP! We've been working on it and this last week, he finally got it down. The little dude is pushing 20 pounds now and is a big, healthy boy. I'm so thankful and grateful for that.

Work is GREAT! I love being back at work, talking to adults about things other than teething, baby poop, and pureed food. I mean, being a mommy is the best thing ever, but I love having the combination of (corporate) work and family - it's a very full life for me, personally. This week and last week, Patrick's school was closed for vacation (it's a family-owned business), so my mother came into town to help out with Patrick while I worked. This week, I'm in Houston working from here while Mom and Dad help out with P. It's been nice sharing Patrick with the parental unit - they've enjoyed him SO much. My mother got my high chair down from the attic and restained it, along with making a special safari-themed cushion just for Patrick. Look how cute he is in his mommy's high chair...

Next week, things return to normal - Patrick goes back to school, I'll be home (in Austin with no in-laws in the house), and Sheridan and I can resume our normal routine of work, baby, couple time. I'm looking forward to that, FO SHO!

So that's it from command central. I hope all is well with my Mer Show bloggies.

Love, Mer

No comments: