Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How Toxic Are Your Cleaning Supplies?

Oh man, this stuff scares the bejeezus out of me! You all know that I'm a (not so) closet hippie and try to live as naturally as I can, especially as it relates to little Patrick. I really want to expose him to the least amount of carcinogens possible, in order to help him live a super healthy life. My father, a former chemical engineer, battled a really aggressive form of cancer, and I personally believe it has a lot to do with all the chemicals he had exposure to occupationally. (He's in remission now and doing great, thankfully, but only after an unbelievable amount of treatment.)

I've done my best to switch to natural products as much as I can (I use eco-friendly laundry detergent, dish soap, baby bath soap and lotion, cloth diapers, and natural cleaners), but seeing this makes me want to throw all my Lysol and antibacterial wipes right out the window. Check this out and educate yourself - take what you will from it, but I got a LOT out of it!

Love, Mer

No comments: