Thursday, November 04, 2010

Still Pregnant

So tomorrow is 36 weeks and I'm still pregnant!  YAY!  I never, ever would have guessed that I would have held out this long, given that I was in the hospital trying to avert labor at 33 weeks.  Go figure!  This baby girl is going to be quite the princess, I can tell already...  ;)

Doc has been telling me that if/ when I make it to 36 weeks, I'll be off bedrest orders, so I asked her if I could go bungee jumping...  she didn't seem to get my sense of humor, but when I started laughing hysterically, she finally figured out that I was KIDDING.  (Do I seem *that* crazy?!)  I guess she feels that anytime after 36 weeks is fine for baby girl to arrive, so that makes me feel a lot less uneasy about the prospect of The Princess arriving soon... I'm finally more excited and less freaked out.  Yay!

I took off this week from work, thinking that I could get some rest before baby girl arrived, because I figured I was going to pop any second.  My appointment on Monday revealed that I'm now 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced (which means that I only have 40% of my cervix holding this baby in place); however, contractions have slowed down considerably and I'm beginning to think that maybe she'll go full term just to prove everyone wrong!  LOL

It's been an interesting week - Sheridan and P both had colds and pinkeye and stayed at home, so it's been quite a zoo around here.  Meanwhile, they both got back to school and work today.  My plan was to eat ice cream in my PJs while watching Lifetime all day, but it turns out that I have a problem sitting still.  Anyway, it's been nice to have some Mer Time before life really changes again.

I can't believe I'm going to have TWO CHILDREN SOON!!!!  Whoa.

Otherwise, I'm glad the elections are over.  We all saw the big Republican win coming, so no surprise there.  Since they seem to have all the answers... ahem... I look forward to their saving the world.  Go forth and deliver, elephants!  And could you please do so in the next 2 years?  Thanks.

OK, I'll keep everyone posted on baby news.  I'm a lot better about updating Facebook than I am this blog, but I'll do my best to keep my faithful Mer Show readers apprised of the latest baby goings on.  Thanks for reading!!!

Love, Mer

No comments: