Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

Is there a boy in the world that doesn't have a scar on his chin?  (Come to think of it, I have one too... from stitches).  SOMEONE (ahem) was playing on his bed before 'lights out' and when I was heading to the dresser to grab his sippy cup of water, I heard a plop/bam, and then.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  And then the blood started gushing.  My poor baby boy fell and hit his face on the siderail of his bed, which is made of wood.

I had hesitation about buying the P'kolino Toddler Bed (http://www.pkolino.com/Toddler-Bed-Orange-p/pkffborg.htm) because it was made of wood, but bought it because it's just so darn cute!  It turns out that this bed is very dangerous, and not only did he bump his head on the wooden side rails as he was learning to sleep in it, he has now gashed open his chin.  And very deeply, as well.  FIVE stitches!  I really regret buying this bed and look forward to buying him a new big boy bed pronto that doesn't include death defying features.  :(

Anyway, any kid's first trip to the ER for stitches seems like a momentous moment, so why not document it here?  (I can't wait to show my kids these pages someday!)












No comments: