Tuesday, September 25, 2007

TV Week

So most of you know that my New Year’s resolution the last couple of years has been to watch more television. WELL, I sure have accomplished it! And for those of us that love TV, this is a great week!! It’s the first of the new season for all my favorite shows!!

So last night started The Bachelor and Dancing With the Stars (yes, I’m a chick) and you *know* I was watching! So this year, I’m not really excited about any of the dancers that are on DWTS – there’s noone that inspires me like Heather Mills or makes me sweat like Mario Whatshisface… But it does appear that there will be some good dancing. And since the annoying cohost, Samantha Harris, just had a baby yesterday, at least we don’t have to put up with her annoying non-sequitur comments; But it doesn’t matter – the show is still enough fun to keep me watching every week. And Maxsim Chmerkovskiy alone is a good enough reason to watch – those hips make me crazy! Meow!

I know you’re dying to hear my pre-season prediction for the winner this year, and that is… Wayne Newton. Yep – Wayne Newton… he’s an entertainer and will probably make the ballroom dances look good. All the girls are either the uncoordinated type or the hip hop dancing type, and the guys are all talking heads or super athletes with muscles too big to really look good. I could be wrong, but this is my conjecture.

OK, regarding The Bachelor, the hot business owner from Austin... YUM! Where was THAT guy when I was there? Geez?! I’m not even into that blond, all-American type, but he’s really hot. And the accent? I guess I’m just a southern girl, but it really hits my soft spot (and mama loves the TX boys). I would NEVER compete for a guy, much less on national TV, but if I had known that this guy was the bachelor, I might have been persuaded. hehe

But seriously, what is with these girls that go on this show and just act like morons? There was the girl last night that showed him her webbed feet in the hopes that she would make a good impression (she certainly made an impression, but I’m not sure it was good); the girl that showed him her “human pretzel” impression; the one that changed into a bikini, jumped in the pool, then asked him to take his pants off and join her; and of course, the girl that got way too drunk and couldn’t talk, then pulled out her chicken filet (fake boobie) and confessed sloppily she was trying to look bigger breasted. Or the girls doing the booty shaking lap dances for him in black tie attire? I’m sure I’ve pulled some doozies before too, but never on national television while competing for a super hottie!

Anyway, the first episode was good one – I’m looking forward to the rest of the season. Tonight is the new SVU – yea! – and Thursday starts Private Practice and Grey’s Anatomy as well as My Name is Earl. Wooo hooooo! It’s going to be a very exciting week for this newly committed couch potato.

Anyway, hope you all have a good one, too. Love, Mer

No comments: