Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update on NorCal

Hey everyone! Well, greetings from my new home - San Jose, California. Yep, The Mer Show has moved for good!! I started my new job at Affymetrix, a publicly held biotechnical company in Santa Clara, this Wednesday and am going to have my hands full there - I'm going to be recruiting for technical and professional hires within the company and already have over 20 requisitions for which I'm responsible! It's a lot of information to take in all at one time - new hiring managers, processes, technologies, applicant tracking system - all while learning to cohabitate with my sweetie, trying to navigate my way around a new city, processing all the stuff that's going on with my body right now, and figuring out how the heck I'm going to get my dog, car, and stuff here to Northern California. I really miss my STUFF and especially my little Baci ball - he's been down in San Diego without me for almost two weeks now, while I've been figuring things out up here, and I bet he thinks that his mommy left him... It's been a big change for everyone involved in this move!! Thanks to all of you that have been so incredibly supportive and encouraging.

All in all, I'm really happy with my decision to move north, be with Sheridan, and pursue my professional endeavours here!! I know that I'm going to be very happy in Northern California and can't wait to get started exploring the area, making new friends, and making my mark here.

This weekend Sheridan and I are heading down to San Diego to pack my things into the Uhaul (I should own stock in the darn company!) and make the 10 hour drive up to the Bay Area. Everyone say a prayer that we get here safely and without incident, please. Once we're back and unpacked, though, a major source of stress will be done for The Sher and Mer Show, and we get can get the official show on the road!! Yea for that!!

Meanwhile, I hope all of you have a great weekend. Who's going to be the first visitor to Chez Jose? The guest suite awaits you!

Love, Mer xo

No comments: