Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Geeky Humor

In San Diego, when I had slow jobs that allowed me a lot of time to waste time at work, I read a lot of 'Rants and Raves' on Craigslist. These days, I work hard for my money, but still, every once in a while, I'll take some time to read the random smut people post on Craigslist. I sat down tonight to catch up on 'Missed Connections' here in the Bay Area and discovered this funny little piece someone posted regarding the potential hostile takeover of Yahoo! by Microsoft... This is big news here in the Silicon Valley - a real digital telenovela!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Love, Mer

I Thought You We're Looking at Me in Silicon Valley - 33 (sunnyvale)


Reply to: pers-634073633@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-07, 4:47PM PDT


I have been watching you for a long time, and I know you have been watching me too.

We're both middle-aged, although I know you are much younger than me. But I think we can help each other feel young again.

I have always had great respect for you, and together we can offer an increasingly exciting romance while becoming better positioned to please each other.

Our lives, our careers, and even our society have been progressively transformed by what we've achieved on our own. Just think of what we can do together! We can deliver an experience that that neither of us would have achieved on our own!

In February 2007, I received a letter from you indicating your view that "now is not the right time to enter into discussions." According to that letter, the principal reason for this view was the your confidence in the "potential upside" if you successfully executed on a reformulated strategy based on certain bachelor initiatives. A year has gone by, and the competitive situation has not improved.

Due to the importance of these discussions and the value represented by my proposal, I expect you to engage in a full review of my proposal. I would be happy to make myself available to meet with you at your earliest convenience. Depending on the nature of your response, I reserve the right to pursue all necessary steps to ensure that you and your loved ones are provided with the opportunity to realize the value inherent in my proposal.

I believe this proposal represents a unique opportunity to create significant value for you and your loved ones, and the two of us together will be better positioned to provide an enhanced value proposition to all of us. I hope that you and your family share my enthusiasm, and I look forward to a prompt and favorable reply.


No comments: