Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mer Show Update

So it's been some time since I've written on my blog... Sorry to my loyal readers who have been awaiting an update (crickets...)! ;) I have some interesting stuff to share today.

1. Sheridan and I spent this past weekend in San Diego - I had a doctor appointment on Friday, and attended the Biospace job fair on Monday on behalf of my company, and Sheridan just came to hang with me. It was great to get back to SD (I realized that perhaps I'm a little homesick for my old city - I think it's just because I have no life here yet) and see some friends and do some familiar things, like get a haircut with my fave hairstylist and pal Holly. I also got to see Emory, Lisa, Nicole, Brandy, some Junior League pals, and spend a lot of QT with Sheridan's dad and Bonnie. We attended Island Divine, a Junior League fundraiser and food and wine event, dined with love ones, did some shopping, and had spa treatments Sunday - it was a great weekend! Today, I got back to San Ho around noon, and decided to take a wellness half-day to spend on the couch with Baci. I'm catching up on a lot, including this blog, and it's so nice!! Back to work tomorrow.

1. I'm healthy - looks like I have no more excuse for not going to the gym! Operation Fatass is in full swing again, and to kick off my impending health kick, I'm going to do another cleanse. Last year, after the Master Cleanse, I've never felt and looked better, so I'm going to try and complete another one. However, this time, I'm using a product to help me with purging my body of all its impurities - Isagenix. My pilates instructor was telling me about the product, and I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm going to start it sometime this week - whenever the box of products arrives - and will try my best to blog about my progress. Stay tuned!!

2. Sarah and Brandon, Sheridan's brother and sister in law, have bestowed Sheridan and me a new name. Rather than the Sher and Mer Show - my idea - they have dubbed us... MERIDAN. Pretty funny, huh?! So please note that from here forward, if I ever use that word, I'm referring to the romantic unit. :)

3. My pal Nicole taught me the coolest thing in the world this weekend while we were dining on sushi at Japengo on Sunday night. This is a great trick to "freeze out" troublesome people in your life; perhaps it's an ex you'd like to shoo away, a boss that's giving you a hard time, or perhaps some enemies you'd like to forget. Take a piece of paper and write the person's name on it, fold it and put it in a freezerproof container half-full with water. Then put the container in the back of the freezer and forget about it, and you'll forget about the person and protect yourself from their bad juju. Way cool, huh?? I'm making a list and freezing it! ;) (Yes, I have an entire list...)

OK, I think that's it. Hope all of you are doing great!

Love, Mer xo

No comments: