Monday, April 28, 2008

Biker Mer

Guess what? I got a bike this weekend!! Sheridan - the former bike pro - helped me pick out a hard-tail something or other at the bike shop yesterday, and we tried her out on the bike trails of Los Gatos. It was pretty painful and I was pretty winded, so it'll be interesting to see how my endurance improves over the next few weeks and months. And hopefully I'll lose a few LBs! Stay tuned.

Otherwise, I'm on day 3 of 11 of my Isagenix cleanse. Things are going well. I have to admit, it's hard to come to my desk and not have my traditional coffee and toast to start off my day. I'm sure it's going to be hard to come home after a long day and forgo my standard cocktail at cocktail hour, too, but I'm sure my liver and belly fat will appreciate it. Anyway, it's day 3 and I've lost 3 pounds, and today and tomorrow are the hardest days of the cleanse, as I'm basically fasting... I have to drink this liquid drano stuff (it's called Cleanse for Life) 4x a day, and then a ton of water, and I get to eat these little snacks (they look like chocolate Tums, and I call them Scooby snacks) throughout the day. The other days I get to drink a shake in place of breakfast and dinner, and eat a healthy lunch, and it's pretty easy. I already feel less bloated and a little lighter on my feet, so that's a great feeling - totally worth the 11 days without a normal diet.

Anyway, I have a good attitude about it right now, but try me in about 24 hours. It could be a different story...

I hope you all have a super fabulous week!!

Love, Mer

No comments: