Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hello 2007!!!

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Mine was fantastic!! I have so much to share, that I'm going to have to break it up over the week, so I can actually get some work done. Yes, the reason I haven't been posting is because I haven't been anywhere near a computer, which has been fabulous. It was a much-needed rest.

I'll give you more details later this week about my holidays in Houston, Steve's first Christmas, parties and events I arranged and attended, and PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS!!!


But first, let's look back at 2006. Events and notable circumstances included:


  • Steve and I loved and hated each other a great deal, and always came out loving and understanding each other more.
  • Natalie fell in love with the man of her dreams and is happier than ever. She got a passport and traveled the world this year - our Bobble is growing into herself so beautifully.
  • Lauren got engaged on Christmas morning to Rob in England. Looks like she's moving to Europe, after all!! So excited for her and hope they find every happiness together.
  • Kerry started her student teaching and is getting closer to her Masters degree, landed at a fantastic job with Blue Point downtown, and is dating happily after a small rough patch. She's so very strong and intelligent and I'm very proud of her for her successes.
  • Two of my close friends in NC got married this year - Nancy and Anna. Congratulations to the happy couples!
  • I left my job for a new one at a crazy startup, got sexually harassed then subsequently fired for my big mouth, treatened legal action to obtain my commission-owed (got it!), and was blessed to return to my former job with BOT. So happy to be back with a professional, ethical group of amazing people that give me so much room for achievement!
  • My Granny died. I hope she's enjoying heaven with my grandfather.

Things I look forward to in 2007:

Loving and hating Steve more and more, and moving in together.

Getting a KITTY CAT in February!!!

Weddings, weddings, weddings!!! Lauren, Alisha and Mike, Steve's sister Mandy, and who knows who else is getting married?!

Spending time with Lauren up in San Fran before she moves to England

Continuing Operation Fatass and continuing my quest for wholehearted contentment, emotionally and physically

New Year's Resolutions:

  • Get to work on time EVERY DAY
  • Take a multivitamin EVERY DAY
  • Recycle my glass and plastic at home, and get Steve and Tony, as well
And a repeat of last year's:

  • Watch more TV!! (To stay home and out of trouble)
Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2007!! Love, Mer

No comments: