Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Raleigh’s Best Ever Cookies

This recipe is from the Raleigh Junior League cookbook, You’re Invited. I actually won a cookie-baking contest with this one once… true story!! If you have time and the inclination to bake, it’s truly the best cookie I’ve ever had! Enjoy.

My doorguys in my building will be enjoying these cookies tomorrow to thank them for giving my doggie treats, getting me help when I'm locked out of my place, returning items to exes that I don't care to see, and making me feel so safe and secure every night when I go to sleep. :)

Love, Mer

Raleigh’s Best Ever Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
3/4 teaspoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (18 ounces) crunchy peanut butter
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 (10 ounce) bag M&M’s or Reese’s pieces
1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 9 ingredients and mix well. Mix in oats. Stir in chocolate and candy.
3. Drop by tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10-13 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
5. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.

No comments: