Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baby Watch

Well, this is the first installment of baby updates since the cat is now officially out of the bag. I’m knocked up!!!

So The Mer Show readers have missed all the morning sickness and sheer panic that happened when I first found out I was pregnant – from about weeks 6 to 9. From weeks 9 to 11 I was SO tired and grouchy, I could barely function, and poor Sheridan had to put up with a massive couch potato!! Now, I’m feeling back to myself (almost), with the occasional bout of heartburn (like right now after eating Afghani chicken kebob for lunch; ouch) and a bit of fatigue still. I guess this is going to be the phase of massive weight gain! Oi vey – here we go! Right now I’ve only gained 6 pounds since May, so that’s right on track for a healthy trimester; however, I think that will accelerate here pretty soon. I have some maternity pants waiting for the day I need them, but for now I’m just pinning my old pants if they’re tight and wearing some of my “fat day” outfits that I haven’t had to wear since that year or two in San Diego when I was pretty pudgy. I’m glad I didn’t get rid of those!!

So I get an email every week from babycenter.com telling me what is going on with the baby that week, and apparently today, at 12 weeks, the baby is the size of a lime. Wasn’t it just a blueberry last week?!!! Before I know it, this kid is going to be peeling out from the driveway in a red Camaro. God help us!!

So here is a shot of the last ultrasound that was done on 7/23. The little blob from the first ultrasound looks like a little alien baby now… it’s so crazy!!! But it’s amazing, fun, and such a blessing. I am happy to have my blog to document this really exciting time in mine and Sheridan’s life. If you get sick of hearing about my burgeoning bundle of joy… SORRY! I will try to write about other stuff… like my wedding! ;) Just kidding – I swear I have other interesting things to say…

Hope everyone’s having a great week!

Love, Mer

No comments: