Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Deep Thoughts By Mer

Sorry for my lack of postings lately - it's been a particularly hectic time for me!! I'll explain more soon. Meanwhile, please find below some random thoughts I have on several very important issues.

1. So I watched the finale of The Bachelorette on Monday, and DeAnna chose the exciting and romantic 26 year old professional snowboarder over the good-looking, sweet, and stable 31 year old professional with a son. I have to say that when I single, I didn't prefer dating men with children (because an ex-wife usually comes with the kid, and who likes exes?), but this guy really has his act together - good looking, good guy. I know that Jesse was really sentimental and expressive and romantic, but honestly, I just don't buy it - he lost me with that whole diatribe regarding how his lack of career aspirations doesn't matter - "only love matters". Uh, ok... Good luck with that, DeAnna! Furthermore, I don't think any man under the age of 30 years old is capable of what he was professing... and this one is only 26, nowhere near the maturity point for guys. My bet is that DeAnna is going to have to figure that on her own. I could be wrong, but my prediction is that it ain't gonna last!

2. So poor Shania Twain caught her producer husband cheating on her with... SHOCKER - his assistant. I feel sorry for her, but as a huge fan of her vapid, yet fabulous music (she made 2 of my favorite two-stepping songs EVER, "Any Man of Mine" and "If You're Not in It for Love, I'm Outta Here"), I'm somewhat excited!! She basically went into hiding with her husband, because I think he is a bit of a hermit, but maybe now she'll come out of her hiding place, and make us some more sugary poppish country music. Bring it on, girl!!

3. So the summer Olympics starts soon and I can't wait!! You know what the best part of this year's festivities is? My DVR service!!! Every 4 years I have to figure out when the gymnastics is going to be, and have to either schedule my whole week around it, and then invariably, I miss it!! Ever since I dumped my VCR like 8 years ago, I haven't seen any Olympic gymnastics... And in 1996, I was in Spain studying for the summer, so I missed them then, too!! But anyway, my point is that DVR is going to revolutionize my Olympics-watching experience this year, and I'm pretty excited about it!!

4. I must have done something right, because karma finally got me back for recycling, letting people into my lane during rush hour, wiping off the wet counter in the work bathroom, and being careful not to ding people's car doors. I set my iPhone down at the mall last weekend and someone actually turned it in, and it was returned to me. Can you believe it? I'm so grateful!! I gotta keep up with my random good deeds. :)

That's it for now. I hope everyone's doing great!!

Love, Mer

No comments: