Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

Well folks, Sheridan and I are very, very excited to announce that today, we received an acceptance of the offer we made on the house we found and plan to build. We're going to be homeowners!

We've spent the last 5 months worth of weekends driving around Austin, looking at neighborhoods, floor plans, pre-existing homes, working with our mortgage broker and realtor, and we finally found the home that suits us perfectly. We decided to build a new home, which will take about 6 or more months, but will be great timing in terms of our current lease which ends in January, and will allow us to choose everything that we want for the home in which we intend to set down some ROOTS! :)

I haven't been able to sleep because I've been decorating my new home in my head - picking out paint colors, cabinet colors, flooring, faucets, window coverings, and creating an overall design plan so that when we meet with the builder's design center, I'll be all ready. Ooooooooh, I'm SO EXCITED!

I can't believe we found the home that Sheridan and I will create many years of family memories together. I feel so blessed and hopeful!

Happiness!!! Mer

2 comments:

sarah from the suburbs said...

That is so exciting Meredith! I remember buying our first house right before we got married, and having fun picking out everything. Ours was a spec home, so they had actually already started the slab when we bought it, and so i was not able to change the brick, or kitchen cabinets. :( Good luck with everything! They build those suckers FAST!

Meredith said...

Thanks, Sarah! We're SO excited! It's going to be a really fun project for Sheridan and me. We're meeting with the "design center" in a few weeks to make all our choices, and I'm nervous because I know it's going to entail a LOT of decisions. I want to try and have an idea of what I want ahead of time, so I'm devouring Better Homes and Gardens, Pottery Barn catalogs, and trying to come up with a design game plan before we start. Style and design aren't really my forte, but I'm going to give it my best shot. Wish me luck! :)