Wednesday, January 06, 2010

About The Artist

In my last post, you'll see that I linked the inspiration for my latest painting for your viewing pleasure.  You'll see that there is a subnote under the painting that says "About The Artist".  After thinking about that for a minute, I decided to write my own biographical history in artistic endeavors - since I'm becoming a more committed painter, I thought that might be amusing!!  LOL

What do you think?  Here's my autobiographical "About The Artist":


As a girl, Meredith was much more interested in sports and socializing than artistic pursuits.  In college, however, she traveled to Europe, where she lived and studied Spanish linguistics, literature, and culture in Southern Espana for a summer.  Visiting world-famous museums such as the Louvre, El  Museo del Prado in Madrid, and a few years later, the MOMA in NYC and the Tate Modern in London, her interest in art - particularly modern, contemporary art - bloomed.  It wasn't until marrying a man with an artistically-talented mother and becoming obsessed with HGTV personality David Bromstad's design aesthetic, which oft includes custom-created paintings for his rooms, that she decided to start creating her own works of art.  Armed with some craft paints from Hobby Lobby, practice canvases, and a short lesson from her mother-in-law, she began experimenting with paint and continues to increase her confidence and ability with each piece.  Her goal is to reflect her views of the beauty and energy in the world onto canvas, and share it with those experiencing life with her.  



2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hobby Lobby is a girl's best friend. :)

Meredith said...

I heart Hobby Lobby!! Especially their 40% off coupons via email - those rock. :)