Monday, January 04, 2010

Do You Hear That?

Oh yeah, that's the sound of... NOTHING!  Today the house sure is quiet with both Patrick having returned to school and Sheridan back to work.  We had a fantastic holiday season - cooking, eating, playing, napping (ok, maybe once), movie-watching, shopping, Wii-playing, and just spending quality time together.  It was the most special holiday season in my whole life!

But throughout the holidays, all of us got WAY off our routines and I think that it's going to be super nice getting back into the swing of our routine.  Really, we've been off of it for a couple of months, given the move, Thanksgiving, birthday, Christmas, company, Patrick's sicknesses, and New Years.  I mean, our baby slept from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. yesterday and then went to bed at 9:30 p.m. for the night.  This is not normal, and I think it's indicative of how off we are as a family right now!

Today is the first day that all of us are back at work, back to school, and life is back to normal.  No cookie baking, no Christmas tree, no company - back. to. normal.  I'm pretty relieved, actually!!

Now it's time to get back on track, get back in shape, get organized, get things done, work hard, and be productive.  I'm feeling very motivated and am going to go with it!  I just updated my resume, took care of a lot of bookkeeping, answered a bunch of emails, cleaned off my desk, made a couple of business calls, and am getting back to business.  I feel grrrrrrrrrrreat!

I hope all of you are feeling as motivated and inspired about this new year, new decade, and opportunity to make some positive changes.  Good luck to you and wish me luck too.  :)

Love, Mer

No comments: