Friday, January 29, 2010

Stuff

Hi everyone.  So it's been a busy month or so here at The Mer Show - Patrick's first birthday, wrapping up my life as a contract recruiter, and getting prepared for the transition to a full-time working mommy with a job onsite.  I had a week off this week to get things in order, so I've done everything from getting my teeth cleaned to my roots done, nails done, clothes to the cleaners/ alterations, house projects, lunches with friends, cleaning, and all sorts of things.  I'm nervous about next week - getting used to the new schedule and demanding job, but I'm also really excited.  Wish me luck!

In other news, here are a couple of other updates:

1. I got sucked into the Meaningful Beauty infomercial - you know, the one with Cindy Crawford - and have been using the products for about a week now.  And guess what?  I can already see a substantial improvement in my skin!  My sister-in-law, Sarah, is going to kill me (she's an Arbonne consultant) when she reads this, but I know she'll forgive me.  :)  So far, my skin is more supple, less red and splotchy, and my eyes even look less tired.  It's miracle stuff!  They say you should use it for 4 weeks to see its full potential, but so far, so good.  And the best part?  It's reasonably priced!

2. Patrick has a doctor's appointment on Monday to see if he needs to get tubes in his ears.  I have a feeling they're going to say that he does.  Pray for him!

3. I ordered the bedding I've been coveting!  It went on super duper sale at Macy's and then I had another 15% off coupon, so it finally made it reasonable enough (sort of, LOL) to buy it.   I can't wait to get it on the bed! My idea is to create a luxe, hotel-like feel so that it can be mine and Sheridan's little getaway spot every night.  This is the bedding, but I added a red coverlet and 2 red euro shams (instead of the charcoal ones shown) to add color.  We plan to paint the walls a cool gray, add colorful red artwork, maybe add a red daybed or chairs for a sitting area on the side of the room, and super cool pendant lamps/ chandeliers over each nightstand...  Can't wait to see the finished product!



So that's it for now.  Have a good weekend, everyone!

Love, Mer

No comments: