Thursday, November 20, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Mer

1. So if there are so many layoffs going on, why is the traffic in Silicon Valley so bad? And why is the parking lot of my office building worse than the mall at Christmas? I'm so confused!

2. If I hear that stupid jingle "Saved by Zero" by Toyota one more time... I'm going to have to vow to NEVER buy a Toyota, ever! And that's very sad, because I have my heart set on a hybrid Lexus (Lexus is Toyota-owned) for my next ride. But that song is ubiquitious!! The absolute worst repetition of it is during NFL football on Sundays... I literally want to throw something at the TV when I hear it!! (Don't worry, honey - I'll refrain. I know the new flatscreen is your baby...)

3. I'm getting really excited about the holidays! Who's with me?! If anyone wants or needs my yam recipe (Weezie's Sweet Potato Souffle - the best holiday dish EVER) or the artichoke dip recipe, email me and I'll send it. You know the holidays aren't the same without those two, if you've ever had them... Am I right, or am I right, or am I right? ;)

Alrighty, I'm off to San Dizzle for mine and Sheridan's baby shower this weekend. We're looking forward to seeing my mom, his dad and Bonnie, friends, familiar faces, and the closest thing I have to a hometown. Should be a very fun weekend! Pictures next week...

Love, Mer

No comments: