Monday, November 03, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

So today is Sheridan's and my first year anniversary!! One year ago, we attended the Junior League of San Diego's Mistletoe Mercado, and love bloomed. Picture of the big date to the left (how many people get their future hubbies in tuxedos on their first date?).

As you might know, Sheridan and I were truly platonic friends for about a year and a half, when all of a sudden it hit me - "why aren't I dating this awesome guy"? Well, for one, he lived in San Jose and I lived in San Diego... And two, even though we were friends that really enjoyed talking to each other, were we attracted to each other? I had never gotten any inclination that he might have been attracted to me!

So when I put it out there that perhaps we should go on a date and see what happened (I'm afraid to note the exact verbiage of my request on the internet, but it had to do with having a couple of cocktails and kissing)... and he said yes... never did I imagine IN A MILLION YEARS that one year later we'd be madly in love, married, and expecting a baby together!! Honestly, it's the fairy tale I've always wanted. I always knew that when I met the right guy, it would be easy, wildly romantic, and just fall into place. And did it ever!

So on my "first date anniversary" with my beloved hubby, I just want to publicly declare that he's made me the happiest woman in the world, and that I never want to be without him in my life. I love you so much, Sheridan!! And thanks for marrying me, so that I know we have each other forever! :)

Love, Mer xo

No comments: