Monday, November 23, 2009

Granny's Chairs

When my grandmother passed a few years ago, she left behind quite a few treasures to my family - tons of furniture, kitchenware, dining ware, artwork, jewelry, and all sorts of lovely things for us to remember her by.  My mother has been storing these chairs in her attic for the last 10 years and they have just been waiting for some TLC to bring them back to life!

My mother is pretty sure that Granny bought these chairs in 1963; I'm not sure if that makes them antiques or not, but their petite size and clean design suit me very well!!  So when we bought the house and started buying stuff to decorate it, my mom suggested that we buy some fabric and reupholster these babies to bring them back to life.  So I went to Mood Designer Fabric online (of Project Runway fame) and picked out a super cute chocolate brown and creme houndstooth fabric, and found a great little upholstery store in Cedar Park, and we're going to do just that.  They're going to end up being more expensive than new ones, but then again, they're my grandmother's chairs AND it coincides with my attempt to live as green as possible - reduce, reuse, recycle!  :)

Today when the delivery guys came to pick up the chairs and take them to the store, I took a quick picture of the chairs in all their avocado tweed glory.  They're still cute, even dusty, dirty, and avocado green!!  I thought it would be fun to do a before and after pic of the chairs...

Whatcha think?  hehe

Love, Mer






No comments: