Friday, November 20, 2009

Social Networking

So these days, I have a blog (actually two - one for personal, one for professional), plus I use Twitter, Facebook, Linked In on a regular basis.  And since I work from home with no social interaction every day, I actually find myself using ALL of them on an active basis.  I'm starting to realize - are my friends sick of hearing all about everything I'm doing at all times?  Shoot, I'm getting sick of *myself*!

Status updates on Linked In outline my hiring efforts, status updates on my Facebook page about random thoughts, notes on Twitter about recruiting, etc., status updates on my blogs about... I don't know... other stuff.  I'm rather overexposed.  And seriously, all this social networking sure takes up a lot of time!  Perhaps if I reduce my networking, I'll increase other things that I really should be doing... like GOING TO THE GYM and finally losing this stupid baby weight!

Plus, am I really as fun or interesting when everyone knows everything about me?  Surely not.  So I think I'm going to start using my blog more and using social network sites less. So if anyone actually gives a crap about what I have to say, I'm probably going to be saying it on my blog from here on out and less on every other tool. So TUNE IN or subscribe, si'l vous plait.

Love, Mer

No comments: