Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Meet Lady Marmalade

For those of you that know me well, ever since I got to California, I've had the worst troubles with cars!!! There was, of course, the sweet blue Jetta that I totaled tragically while barreling through an intersection in Hillcrest (I cracked the engine when it bottomed out) - she was my favorite car and I felt horrible to have put her to her death. Then, there was Carmen Maria Gaviota (means seagull in Spanish) Ortega - the white Jetta; she was a 'no bells and whistles' version of the blue Jetta, made in Mexico (henceforth the name). She was a good car - drove me all the way from San Diego to Raleigh, NC! We had some good times, but she stayed in North Carolina when I came back home to SD.

For the last year, I've been driving KT's sister's Mazda 626. Although it was a nice car and I was extremely grateful to drive it, it was disastrous having something that could be taken away in a moment of heated anger (which KT and I had often). So now, it's time for The Mer Show to get some wheels.

Everyone, I'm pleased to introduce Lady Marmalade - my new Honda Accord. She was purchased in Houston today, and should be on her way out here in the next week. I'm so excited and eagerly await her arrival to mama. Watch out, America - The Mer Show is mobile again!!!












I do have to thank my parents for helping me with this purchase - they shopped, negotiated, and made the deal for me in Houston. We've certainly had our problems, but it's nice to know that when I need their help, they'll step up to the plate for me. Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!!

Love, Mer

No comments: