Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mer Show Update

Hi guys,

I've been kinda quiet this week with the 3 day weekend and a whole lot of rocks rolling around in my head... But I just wanted to check in with everyone and make an announcement.

I'm very excited to announce that in mid-March, I am planning to add to my family. I'm going to adopt a doggie!! Yep, I'm very excited about it. I've got a lot of extra time and affection to share, and I think a homeless animal would be the perfect recipient.

You all know that I love cats, but with Jasmine's personality and rambunctiousness, she'd drive a cat to dogicide (is that a word?). So I've decided upon a canine. Yea!!!

Anyone have any insight on what kind of doggie I should get? I looked at Westies (West Highland Terriers) and they're super high maintenance... I might just get a mutt! We'll see. I've got about three weeks to think about it and get prepared for motherhood. I can't wait!

Love, Mer

1 comment:

Petri Darby said...

Hi Mer,

Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family. You may want to think about adopting a retired greyhound. They apparently are very sweet and after a distinguished racing career, they are fine just kickin' it on the couch and hangin' out. They don't require a bunch of cardio maintenance. I'd like one for myself.