Sunday, August 19, 2007

H-Town

As I spend my last night of vacation in Houston, I realize, once again, that I have a love/ hate relationship with this city, and Texas, in general. Some of my most favorite people in the world are here, and this is most definitely home. It's one of the few places I can relax in my PJs and honestly feel relaxed - in San Diego, I guess I always feel like I should be on the go, visiting with friends, enjoying the sunshine, exercising, volunteering, or doing something else really productive. Here in Houston right now, it's 95 degrees, raining, and more humid than I ever remember - who wants to do anything besides stay in and watch movies, read, and surf the internet?! It's an environment very prohibitive to fun activities outside, but highly conducive to relaxing!And my childhood home is becoming more familiar and a loving part of my memory as I get older - I guess that's normal, right? Oh yes, and then there's the food (the best in the world, as far I'm concerned - and I really mean that), and the fact that people drive the way everyone should - *fast*!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back to my very naughty doggie, my state of unemployment and search for the perfect job, and seeing one special person, in particular; however, I have had a great visit in Houston. I have eaten until I'm going to pop, visited with my family and friends, watched some great movies, and decompressed from a few very stressful weeks!

A special thanks for the Darbys and Orrs for hosting me for a lovely evening Friday night! I love my boofuls little nephew more than anything... even when he's grouchy! :)

Mer

No comments: