Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mer's Beauty and Fashion Tips

One of my girlfriends asked me today for a recommendation on some eye cream and I thought I'd share some of my beauty secrets and best suggestions for Springtime fashion and beauty care. Guys? I know you don't care, so feel free to check out... NOW.

BEAUTY
Oligo 25 Eyes – refresh and stimulate the eye area, reducing under eye darkness and bags; great to leave in your purse for rough days, since it’s refreshing, hydrating, and beautifying! Apparently the secret of this little stick is Manganese to reactivate micro-circulation responsible for the blueish color of under-eye circles and Escinine to stimulate drainage of accumulated toxins and to reduce eye contour puffiness. I’m telling you guys – it is amazing stuff! www.vichyusa.com

Vichy Meokine Intensive Wrinkle Corrector for Eyes – This eye cream visibly smoothes out the area underneath eyes and claims to make corrections in 21 days. Actually, I’ve been using it for about a month, and can see differences. I like the way it feels and makes my skin look!

Vichy Meokine Corrective Wrinkle Moisturizer – as I’ve gotten older, my skin has become less hydrated and I have really started needing a thicker moisturizer. This stuff has been super.

Avaha hand lotion – This thick moisturizer is made in Israel and has salts and minerals from the Dead Sea in it. I love the way it makes my skin and cuticles feel and it smells awesome!! www.ahava.com

Hoola by Benefit – awesome bronzer; I use it for blush and evening out tan lines in the summer www.sephora.com

St. Ives Apricot Scrub– this is my secret to keeping my skin looking so young and feeling soft. Follow it up with Neutrogena Sesame Oil and your man won’t be able to keep his hands off you! You can also gently use it on your face to buff off dead skin cells, and it leaves your skin looking refreshed and clean.

Neutrogena Sesame Oil – this is my MOST FAVORITE beauty secret. I put this on after my shower every morning and not only does my skin smell fresh and clean, but it feels super soft and lasts all day long. Since I started using this, I got rid of those pesky little red bumps on the back of my arms (girls – you know what I’m talking about!), so I’m beginning to think those had something to do with dehydration or clogged pores…

DiorShow Mascara – Lauren introduced me to this stuff. I love it!! I have NO eyelashes at all, and it makes me look like I have some. I feel like a WOMAN having some darn eyelashes!! I wear the black for maximum drama.

OPI ‘Sweetheart’ – this color just doesn’t go wrong on hands or toes; best with a suntan! It’s my Spring and Summer color and has been for a few years. I always get a lot of compliments.

SPF – you gotta have it, girls!!! Whether you find a moisturizer that has it (I used to use Sephora’s bronzing tinted moisturizer that gives a glow and evens skin tone, while moisturizing and protecting you from the sun with SPF 15), foundation, or powder, make sure you use SPF every single day!

FASHION

Long shorts – I wore some for the first time yesterday and got some serious compliments. Black ones that extend right past the knee are flattering even for short girls. I wore mine with black patent peep toe heels and felt very retro sexy!

Peep toe heels – silver, red, patent, black, you name it and they’re hot this year!

Lucite – Toy watches and Lucite baubles are super hot this year, too. Might be a short-lived fad, but one I’m jumping on this year.

Fabulous sunglasses – my faves are Diors and Guccis, but as long as you find some big, plastic-framed glasses that look fabulous on your face, they dress up any outfit!

Cute swimsuits and covers – Here in California, having a fabulous collection of bikinis and covers is mandatory. I’ve been buying all my suits lately at victoriassecret.com and am always pleased with my purchases. I borrowed Natalie’s terrycloth Juicy Couture swimsuit covers, too, and they’re so fashionable and functional! I saw some at Target this year, too, that are similar – check out the photo.

Silver vs. gold? My NC girls know that I usually ONLY wear silver. Um, hello?! (hehehe) But this year metallics are big, so I have been branching out into gold here and there!

Well girls, I hope you find that someone helpful! If you have any questions about where to get any of this stuff, get in touch!!

Love, Mer

No comments: