Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday

Hi guys! I've been feeling altogether uninspired this week, but it's time to regroup and refocus on living life just for ME! Not to mention get back on track professionally! So that's been taking up the majority of my thoughts and energy this week - figuring out a new gameplan for The Mer Show.

However, despite my lack of energy, I ran into someone I know today, and she inspired me to write today. It was her blog that did the trick. Check it out: http://sassygirladventures.blogspot.com Sarah and I met through professional networking, but it turns out that she lives in my building and went to school in Texas. Small world...

Being inspired, I have decided to make a top ten list of the blessings I have in my life. So here goes!

Top Ten Blessings of The Mer Show

1. Friends like family that tell me like it is, give me support, love, and advice, and are always there for me when I need them:
Natalie, Kerry, Lauren, Roni, Libby, Shannon and Petri, Gina, JK, Nicole, Mary, Chris and Gedetch, Anna, Nancy, Diane, Ruchi, Asila, Matty What, Sheridan, and Shayne. Not to forget Keith Pesta, who drove my ass around for 6 months after I crashed my car! I haven't forgotten that, Keithie!
2. I have the cutest dog on the PLANET, Baci; and the cutest nephew EVER - Finley Darby
3. I live with a great roommate, Prasad, and his doggie Jasmine in a great place; we're like a little family!
4. I got a great education from a great university
5. I've had many experiences and travels which have taught me how to appreciate, love, adapt, and accept those that are different from me
6. Family, even though we're not super close, who is dedicated to taking care of me when I need them and gave me a lot of opportunity in life and taught me darn good manners and grammar. Oh yes, and helped me buy a car - that was huge!
7. I have an acute ability not to let anyone give me any crap, and to get myself out of bad situations. I really dig that about myself!
8. My resume is pretty solid, thanks to Diane Craver taking a chance on me right out of college!
9. Overall, I'm very healthy.
10. I have the freedom and independence to do whatever I want, anytime I want! :)

Wow, that feels great. I highly recommend making a similar list for yourself.

HIGH FIVE! Love, Mer

**********************************

No comments: