Monday, April 30, 2007

Rave: Stranger Than Fiction

So Natalie recommended that I check out the movie Stranger Than Fiction and I did so this weekend. It's a dramatic role for Will Farrell, and it went off about like Jim Carrey in The Truman Show or Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love - quite good! Other cast members include Dustin Hoffman, Maggie Gyllenhall, Emma Thompson, and Queen Latifah (she was quite good, also, in a dramatic role). The premise is of an accomplished writer struggling to finish her latest novel, but she can't figure out a way to kill off the main character, Harold Crick. Turns out, however, that Harold Crick actually exists! He hears the words of her novel being written in his head as if it's narrating his life, and it makes him think he's schizophrenic, but obviously he's not... I won't say anymore, as I recommend actually seeing the movie! The conclusion is quite thought-provoking, and explores some interesting themes of humanity. I liked it!

Some days I feel that I appear crazy to everyone around me, and I wonder myself if I'm just different than everyone else on the planet, or if perhaps there's a novelist penning the events of my life - creating the most jubilant as well as tragic events that could happen to a person, and that I live a life which is also stranger than fiction... That would actually make sense of my existence!!! If I start hearing voices, though, I promise to ask for help... ;)

Well, happy Monday, everyone!

Love, Mer

No comments: