Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Day 2006


Just wanted to remind everyone that Tuesday is Election Day. I really hope everyone gets out and votes for the candidates and referendums that affect our lives every single day. I personally don't care who or what you vote for, but heartily advocate taking advantage of our civil right to influence the lawmaking process.

(My only request is that for my Texas pals, please get Kinky for me - http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/)!! Pretty please? :)

For all my pals in California, below is the link to the California voters' information guide, which lists the candidates and propositions that will be listed on the ballot, pros and cons of the referendums, candidate stances, and more information. It's really helpful!

http://voterguide.ss.ca.gov/

Also, if you (like me), have issues with your voters' registration, e.g. you moved and didn't update your registration for your new address, you can still vote but have to contact the local elections office to help you change it. You can also obtain information for your polling site, directions, and any other assistance you need. I just called them to change my address and it was very easy and quick. However, if you have never registered, it's too late to do so and you're a big, fat loser. ;)

San Diego
5201 Ruffin Road, Suite I San Diego, CA 92123 (858) 565-5800 www2.sdcounty.ca.gov/rov/Eng/Epolling_query.aspwww.smartvoter.org/ca/sd

For my out of state friends, make sure you do your research and go vote, too. It's important that our generation takes part in shaping our country's political process - not just a bunch of stodgy old dudes in blue shirts and ladies in old lady suits! Let's make our voices heard!!!

Love, Mer

No comments: