Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Update

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was fantastic! Here are the highlights:

1. My dinner on Thursday for Steve and Dave went off perfectly, except for a little ill-timed rice. I was very proud of my culinary performance and the boys stuffed themselves silly. We went bowling with friends afterward, and neither Steve nor I did our best, but we had a great time. All in all, Thanksgiving was exactly what I imagined!! :)

2. Lunch Friday with Steve's family went great - it was a house full of cats and great people. Only mishaps were the turkey that caught on fire (it was a Hollywood moment - hilarious, but turned out ok) which charbroiled my sweet potato souffle that was also in the oven. I just scraped off the charbroiled nut layer, applied a new one, and it was good as new. Oddly enough, so was the turkey! Mandy, Steve's sister, was a beautiful host and I think she and I will be good friends someday.

3. What the F*** happened to my Longhorns today on the football field? Ouch. I'm not talking about it anymore. So don't bring it up. Thanks.

4. On the way home to San Diego (from the OC) with Steve and his mom, I let it slip that I have a MALE roommate. OOPS!! That went over like a fart in church. Or mosque, I guess... Anyway, you get the point - Steve's conservative mama didn't dig it. Can someone put a muzzle on me, please? Thanks.

5. Hey Ahmed! Ana behibek more than I need stretchy pants after Thanksgiving! xx

Anyway, love all you guys and hope you're great!! Love, Mer

No comments: