Monday, July 02, 2007

Bush Commutes Libby's Prison Sentence

What a bunch of crap. This whole debacle was like a bad movie - an action-packed, star-studded blockbuster starring a pretty female spy used as a pawn to further the agenda of the White House. People were exposed, reputations were attacked, journalists were imprisoned, and hateful politics drove the script. And to top it off, a very unpopular president made a not-very-shocking decision to commute the sentence of someone that carried out part of his larger plan... A wicked ending!

It really makes me sick, but this is becoming a broken record, so I'll try to focus on more positive topics. Like the fact that I'm going to a fabulous new restaurant tonight with one of my favorite pals (I'll write an update tomorrow) and that my roomie's out of town this week, so I can hang out in my jammies on the couch all I want! :)

Love, Mer

No comments: