Friday, June 01, 2007

DAY TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, it’s here, day ten of the master cleanse. Honestly, starting this diet, I really didn’t think I was going to make it. I’ve never gone more than a few hours without eating, but 240 hours? What shocks me is that it really wasn't even that bad!! I'm serious... Anyway, I’m impressed with both Shayne and myself for getting through the tough days, hunger pangs, and toxic waste floating around in our brains after being knocked loose by the lemonade. I think for me, the toughest part was learning how to deal with my daily frustrations (work, breakup, anxiety, etc.) without emotionally eating or drinking. I’ve definitely learned a lot about that and hope that I can instill some of my new coping mechanisms into my daily life, versus reaching for cheese, crackers, or wine!

I haven’t weighed myself today, but know for sure that I’m at least 11 pounds down, and that I’m wearing jeans today that I bought in Newport, RI before I got here to San Diego, when I was 26. At that time in my life, I was in the best shape of my adulthood, as a result of the luxury of being a housewife… I spent every morning working out and every evening cooking healthy meals for Jason and me. And NOW… I’m back! They say you gain half the weight back, but I plan to zap that with continuing to eat healthy, getting back in the gym regularly, and living a new lifestyle. All the divorce and party girl weight is gone, and it's going to STAY gone!

To keep the weight off, I don’t plan to become a vegetarian or raw foodist, but definitely want to implement some of those principles into my diet every day. Less cheese and meat, more raw veggies, no coffee (and if I do, I’ll do decaf) or diet sodas (they’re not really that satisfying anyway), and a LOT less wine during the week. And I want to try and get through this fast once a year, at least, to keep my system cleansed and remind myself of the importance to eating healthy. And spinning bike, I’ll see you tomorrow morning! And yoga mat, you and I are about to get reacquainted, as well…

I’ve also learned that I’m tougher than I thought I was. I know now that I’ve put my mind, heart, and body to a serious test, and I PASSED with flying colors – it’s the most empowering thing I’ve ever done. Hip hip hooray for me, if I do say so, myself!

In other news, my baby Baci is a STAR!! I sent in his photo for a Best Naughty Dog photo contest and he was chosen as a nominee! If you can go on and vote for Baci, he would be very appreciative: http://pets-place.net/FreeThemeContest.html

This is Baci, mid-hump, at a party recently – Michael Cutri took this photo and captured my baby’s naughty face perfectly!

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I’m feeling energized, cleansed, and ready for anything. My horoscope yesterday was right – happiness is in MY hands. It’s time to get out there and make that happen! Throughout several conversations I’ve had this week, I’ve realized how incredibly important my friends and family are to me, and the support, love, and encouragement I get from all of you. I may not see or talk to each of you every day, but you’re always in my heart and mind, and it means everything to me. So thanks, friends, for being my friends! I love you!!!

And hey Shayne, our newer, better milkshakes are going to bring all the good boys to the yard - get ready! You're a freakin ROCK STAR and I'm so proud of you for getting through this with me. :)

Love, Mer

No comments: