Monday, June 11, 2007

Get Well Soon, Alex!!!!

Tragedy has struck the Manchack family. Our beloved kitty, Alex, has had an accident and broke his leg. Apparently he's having surgery Tuesday morning to repair a compound fracture that occured when my brother accidentally set his night stand on his leg last night... I'm not sure if I feel sorrier for my brother or the cat. When Baci recently hurt his foot and was limping, I was a MESS - I cried and my heart hurt SO much. So I hope that Matt's heart and Alex's leg heal very speedily.

Actually, Alex was originally my cat. When I went to UT in 1994, my high school boyfriend followed me to Austin and got an apartment and a job there so we could be close. I begged him to let me get a cat and keep it as his house, and he agreed. I picked a beautiful gray kitty with a very playful personality... And I named him Alex. :)

When I dumped the high school boyfriend and he moved back to Houston (in 1995), I had to figure out what to do with my cat, since I couldn't move him into the dorm with me. So my brother took him, and I promised to figure out a solution quickly. Well... here we are 12 years later, and that cat is Matt's now - even if I WANTED to take him back, Matt would never allow that to happen.

Alex has turned out to be a very naughty kitty with a funny, funny personality. Just like his original mommy! His favorite thing to do is lay in bed with my mom and lick holes in her 'Texas hair' (he likes the hairspray), climb on the counter and eat bites out of food (the best story is when my parents had a package of mini donuts, and he ate a bite out of every single one!), and vomit in Matt's car - he's also sensitive, like his mommy.

So PLEASE keep Alex in your thoughts on Tuesday and pray for a speedy recovery!

Thanks so much... Love, Mer

No comments: