Thursday, June 07, 2007

Doggie Update

Well, my baby is growing up, everyone. He's getting SO big, SO fast! Baci's 4 month birthday is coming up on the 14th and they say at that time, he's supposed be half his total weight. If that's the case, then this dog is going to be a BIG BOY. Right now he's about 10 or 12 pounds, so I guess he's going to end up being around 20 pounds. That is TOTALLY not what I was expecting, but I still adore him anyway.

Baci still isn't completely housebroken, but he's doing better. We haven't had any ridiculous accidents in about a week! However, the last one was truly ridiculous - he peed ALL OVER MY BED! We were cuddling on my bed before bedtime, and I thought he was totally passed out, so I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I got back, he had peed on my pillow, comforter, sheets, and pretty much just walked in a circle, making sure he got EVERYTHING. I thought I was going to throw him out the window!!!! I gave him a spanking and put him in his crate, called him dirty names, and thought about peeing on HIS bed, but since I didn't catch him in the act, the punishment was pointless... He's a dog - he doesn't get it. Sigh...

Moving forward from that incident, though, I watch him like a hawk now - never let him out of my sight. And I've started giving him treats when he pees outside, which helps. He's also started lifting his leg to mark his territory, so I think we're on the right path. Thank God.

Anyway, that's the scoop on my baby. Just wanted to share that. :)

Love, Mer


No comments: