Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Starter Wife

So did anyone get to see Debra Messing's new show, The Starter Wife, on USA last week? Molly is the main character and she was the perfect A list wife - beautiful, thin, charming, well-mannered, and dedicated to her powerful Hollywood director husband's career and every whim, while living a charmed life in Malibu until one day... Sheyenne, a barely-legal pop tartlet, entered her husband's life and she got very uncermoniously dumped. Her "boo-hoo" crew consists of an alcoholic grump, a fabulous gay designer, and another Hollywood wife who is living the life she used to live, and they do a great job getting her through the unexpected and scary change. It's a fun show and I definitely recommend checking it out on Thursday nights at 9 PST.

Now I can't identify with getting dumped for a super young, perky pop star, but I can definitely identify with having to move on and rapidly change from one life to another after a tragic split and watch your ex move on maddeningly fast, only to be swimming in your own fears, anger, and uncertainty. For me, watching the show is like validation that all the feelings I had were TOTALLY valid - it rocks. I'm sure there are THOUSANDS of starter wives out there that are celebrating this show just as much as I am. :)

One of my New Year's resolutions for the last few years has been to watch MORE TV, and I feel like I've done an excellent job accomplishing that in 2007! hehehe

Love, Mer

No comments: