Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Master Cleanse, Day One

Don't worry - I won't post every day's progress. And I promise not to tell you the nasty specifics of what's happening with my body. That would just be torture...

Anyway, it's 3:00 on day one and I've made it through missing breakfast and lunch so far. Ordinarily, I'd be freaking out, but for some reason, I seem to be doing okay. Yes, I'm hungry, but it's nothing terrribly drastic! No crazy cravings yet... I'm really sleepy, though - probably from not fueling my body like usual. Can't wait to go home and take a nap...

This morning, I did do the salt water flush, which was interesting. Supposedly, the gravity of the salt water combination is the same as blood, so instead of soaking into the system, it just flushes right through. Weird to consider, but I definitely felt it working its way through my belly this morning... I read that some people flush things that they swallowed from childhood, like pennies and jewelry and such. I hope I find something cool! :) Otherwise, drinking this lemonade is okay today, but I can tell it's gonna get olllllllld...

I took my measurements this morning, which are highly confidential, but I do promise to get back to you guys in ten days and let you know how much girth I've lost in my bust, waist, and hips. I didn't weigh myself...

It's interesting - I have been planning to use the time I usually eat and drink to do something productive, like read, spend time on the phone with I miss, and reflect on my life and plans. That actually parallels what's going on in my body - the energy that's usually used to break down and digest food is being used to cleanse, purify, and heal my body. How cool is that?!

So my friend Shayne is doing this with me, which totally rocks! We're able to cheer each other past the cravings, hunger pangs, and probably... future desires to quit this process. I feel like I'm responsible for actually following through with this thing, since she's there to hold me accountable. So thanks, Shayne, for being my cleansing buddy! This should be a great experience for us - clean heads, clean bodies, clean hearts!

Wish us luck, everyone! Love, Mer

No comments: