Thursday, May 17, 2007

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room

John Mayer's new CD, Continuum, is amazing - I absolutely recommend it if you like bluesy rock with thoughtful lyrics. Mayer's songs are intelligently written, with lyrics that inspire introspection about life, love, death, political inaction, and more. I like music that makes my heart feel something intense, with lyrics that make me think - this album achieves that with flying colors.

This song, Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, has been going through my head all day. It deals with the difficulties of getting out of a relationship which you know is doomed - it's over, but you miss your friend, lover, and life together, and un-entwining your lives just totally sucks... Anyway, it's an amazingly beautiful, soulful breakup song. Click below to hear the song:

I hope you enjoy it. Love, Mer

*****************************************

No comments: