Friday, May 25, 2007

Master Cleanse, Day THREE!

This blog has really turned more into a diary than an interesting collection of postings, so for that, I apologize. But it’s cathartic for me, so thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.

Hey, check out my horoscope today. Isn’t it promising? I hope it’s true!

You are definitely due for some major changes in your life soon, so you should start doing some preparation! Clear up some time in your schedule to accommodate unexpected plans, and make sure your passport is valid -- just in case. A recent kink in travel plans may take a while to clear up, and things might not work out exactly as you'd planned -- but the important thing is that you're still going to be able to go where you want to go, and you will go there in high style.

Anyway, regarding my cleanse, yesterday I was craving specific foods (I’m not going to mention, for fear of reigniting the flame!), but today I’m not really craving anything specific. I was feeling pretty queasy and light-headed this morning, and my salt flush took forever to work, so I’m thinking that perhaps some of the salt soaked into my system… I felt really crappy getting to work, and very achy and depressed. But now, a few hours later, I’m feeling much better – probably after having had some lemonade and tea.

After reading more about what happens to food while digesting it, I’m certainly starting to look more into Vegan, Vegetarian, and Raw Foods diets. Now, for those of you that know me – I’m from Texas, and grew up eating grilled meats, and I LOVE MEAT! But seriously, as of now, I have no desire to put my body through what happens when you digest it. So I think I’m going to start, at least, reducing the amount of meat I eat and figure out how to replace that protein with vegetarian alternatives as much as possible. Don’t get me wrong – I’ll still want to chomp down a steak here and there, but I’m going to start approaching my health differently.

So it’s a three day weekend, and one known for great barbecues, parties, and having a good time. Is it possible to have a good time without food and drinks? I guess I’m about to find out! I’m planning to keep myself HIGHLY occupied this weekend – Shayne and I are having a Grey’s Anatomy marathon tonight and probably Sunday night, tomorrow I’m planning to see Suzie (Baci’s godmother), who’s in town for a wedding, and we’re getting a cheapo pedicures. Saturday afternoon is Dog Beach with Baci ball; probably a movie that night (I’m dying to see Shrek 3). And Sunday is a barbecue with my roommate and his friends – I’ll just pack tons of my lemonade. They say by day 4, it’s not that hard to resist food, so I will find out if that’s true on Sunday! Monday, I have absolutely no plans. If it’s nice, I’ll hit the pool with my cleanse buddy, Shayne! By the time I get back to work on Tuesday (and probably the next time I post), it'll be day SEVEN - woo hooo!

But I hope all of you have a lovely holiday weekend. Thanks for all your support and encouragement as I go through this crazy, but completely empowering cleansing process – it’s really been helpful!

Love, Mer

No comments: