Monday, May 21, 2007

A New Mer!

On the way in to work today, I was thinking about my life, my health, habits, and thinking of ways to start fresh, get healthy mentally and physically, and feel great again. Lately, I've been so sluggish, irritable, unmotivated to work out, and feeling just altogether toxic. I've been attributing it to the breakup, which has taken SO MUCH out of me over the last 5 months, but I'm realizing that perhaps it's my health! I try to eat healthy and work out as much as I can, but I do drink too much coffee, Diet Cokes, and wine, and when I'm in a hurry, or don't have a lot of money, I eat processed and/ or fast foods, and I think it's really weighing me down. I've even noticed that my sense of smell has been decreasing, which is odd, don't you think?

So it's time for something drastic, people. I've been researching body cleansing techniques, and I think I found one. It's called The Master Cleanse, or the lemonade diet. I found all the information I need on this website: http://www.lifetrainingonline.com/blog/lemonade-diet-recipe.htm The guy that writes Life Training Online experimented with the diet and found that he felt more energetic, an increased desire to eat healthy foods, clarity of thought, improved reflexes, a "lightness" of body and mind, and the return of the general excitement for life. WOW - I want those things too!! Oh yes, and he lost 8 pounds. Actually, it turns out that this is the program that Beyonce used to lose pounds for Dreamgirls - she lost 23 pounds in 10 days.

I'm going to try it - not for the purpose of losing weight, but to cleanse my body and get back on the right track. If I lose weight, then it'll be a bonus! I think I'm going to start Wednesday. Does anyone want to do it with me? If so, email me and we'll do it together.

Here's the basic premise of the diet:

For at least 10 days, drink around 10 servings/day of the following:

• 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice NOT BOTTLED JUICE!! (approx. ½ lemon),
• 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) organic Grade B maple syrup,
• 1/10 Teaspoon or more cayenne pepper (hot red pepper), and
• 1 Cup (8 fluid ounces) purified or spring water, NOT fluoridated water.

OR Take an empty gallon water jug and fill it with:

• 60 ounces of filtered water
• 12 Tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup
• 12 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice
• 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper powder

Shake it all up and you got your days’ serving!

Salt-Water Flush Recipe

Upon rising drink a mixture of:

• 2 level teaspoons of uniodized sea salt to a…
• quart of lukewarm water

Herbal Laxative Tea (You can find this at most grocery stores)

Each evening drink an herbal laxative tea to help with elimination - preferably right before bed.

That’s it! Do that for at least ten days for a complete intestinal cleanse. Apparently your tongue turns white as a result of the toxins being flushed from your body, and when your tongue gets pink and you're no longer passing solid stuff... you're clean!

Anyway, I've never done anything like this, and am challenging myself to do it. I tried fasting for Ramadan with KT once and lasted until lunch... so I HAVE to be dedicated and disciplined this time. WISH ME LUCK! And again, if anyone wants to do this with me, let me know! I'm starting Wednesday morning and ending the next Friday, June 1st.

I hope everyone has a great week! Love, Mer xx

No comments: