Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Simple Pleasures

For those of you that know me, you're probably well aware that I really love my sleep. Napping, going to bed early, falling asleep during movies, on planes and in cars, and occasionally... during lunch at work! I'm not really that great at sleeping in, which bodes well for my doggie - he's lucky!

But anyway, one of my simplest pleasures is Clean Sheet Night - you know, the day you pull your sheets out of the dryer, smelling yummy like Downy softener, get them on the bed, and jump in to a sweet-smelling bastion of lethargy! LOVE LOVE LOVE CSN! I particularly enjoy watching TV for a while before wafting into a deep slumber on CSN...

Anyway, over the weekend, I bought... NEW SHEETS! They're solid white Egyptian cotton with a damask stripe in the material - very classic and crisp. It's been some time since I bought new ones, because I love my old ones so much, but it's time for those to retire... So this morning, I transfered my new sheets into the dryer after washing them last night, and all morning long I've been fantasizing about trying them out tonight. So not only is tonight Clean Sheet Night, but NEW Clean Sheet Night!!! Oooooooooooooooooohhh, I'm so excited!

Yes, even a high maintenance girl like me can enjoy simple pleasures... :)

Love, Mer

5/10/07: OMG, they're amazing!

No comments: